Scarecrow Decorating Contest - Harvest Moon FestivalName: Scarecrow Decorating Contest - Harvest Moon FestivalDate: October 2, 2017 - October 14, 2017Event Description:
Harvest Moon Festival's 2nd Annual Scarecrow Contest!
All donations going to Love Inc. Food Pantry.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR THE BEST SCARECROW THAT YOU, YOUR FAMILY, GROUP OR BUSINESS CAN BUILD!
Businesses, groups or residents may enter. click here for an online entry form or to pick up a registration form stop by River Country Chamber, 1 State Rd, Newaygo, MI 49337. Deadline for registration is September 29, 2017.
How to vote - donate non-perishable foods! The scarecrow with the most donated items is the winner! All donations will go to the food pantry of Love INC of Newaygo County - so donate as many times as you would like!
Be creative - Scarecrows must be made by you!
Submit an entry form & picture to enter. Available online at www.rivercountrychamber.com or mail in to: River County Chamber of Commerce at P.O Box 181, Newaygo, MI 49337. Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org a picture (jpeg) of your entry.
· Scarecrows must be designed and built by you - no store bought scarecrows allowed. No commercial costumes, rubber masks, plastic mask, etc.
· Each entry must be constructed to withstand all weather conditions.
· Give your scarecrow a name. Create a small weather proof sign for your display.
· To Vote - collect non-perishable food items—have a collection box by your entry for people to drop food in.
· You can bring in your items to ChoiceOne Bank in Grant or to River Country Chamber at 1 State Rd, Newaygo in The Stream building and let them know the address of the Scarecrow the items go towards anytime during the contest. You can also bring all canned goods to the Chamber Booth on October 14th at the Festival, we will have boxes out at the Festival as well for each entry, for people to donate that day.
· Entries due by: Friday, September 29, 2017
· Scarecrows must be built by: Monday, October 2, 2017
· Voting: Starts Monday, October 2nd to Saturday, October 14th.
Last Years Winners were: Northwoods Greenscapes, LLC with 178 items!!!! WHO can beat that this year?