Responsible for performing a broad variety of basic accounting functions within established policies, guidelines and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the accounting operations and various accounting software programs of the Credit Union. Complete accounting functions in accordance with established policies, procedures, guidelines and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Responsible for acting as backup to accounts payable, ACH processing, Card Services Clerk
andas well as other accounting functions as assigned.
- Responsible for daily Card Dispute processing and maintenance of spreadsheets and files.
- Responsible for daily posting of Share Drafts and Returns.
- Process incoming corporate and member wire transfers including OFAC checks and maintaining Incoming Wire transfer logs and records as needed.
- Confirm accuracy of outgoing corporate and member wire transfers and maintain records and update logs as needed.
- Reconcile branch change fund general ledger accounts and correct discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Process returned deposit checks from Federal Reserve in a timely manner.
- Maintain files, including filing of general ledger journal vouchers and other miscellaneous filing.
- Maintain regular contact with other departments to obtain information and/or to correct transactions.
- Maintain storage room documents.
- Perform general accounting duties as needed including reconciliation of General Ledger accounts.
- Keep management informed of area activities and of any significant problems or concerns.
- Ensure that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education: High school graduate or equivalent. Additional accounting/bookkeeping courses desirable.
Required Knowledge: Knowledge of Credit Union Accounting policies.
Understanding of basic bookkeeping concepts, procedures and theory.
Knowledge of Network and Card Dispute procedures.
Knowledge of Share Draft procedures.
Experience Required: Previous accounting experience preferred.
Skills/Abilities: Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Good organizational skills with an aptitude for detail work.
Ability to collect and analyze data.
Professional appearance, dress and attitude.
Ability to operate related computer applications and other business equipment including 10-key and telephone.
Solid math and bookkeeping abilities.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
Talking: Especially where one must frequently convey detailed, important or confidential instructions or ideas accurately, loudly, quietly, or quickly.
Average Hearing: Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
Finger Dexterity: Using primarily just the fingers to make small movements such as typing, picking up small objects, or pinching fingers together.
Repetitive Motion: Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
Average Visual Abilities: Average, ordinary visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents or products or operate machinery.
Physical Strength: Sedentary work; sitting most of the time. Exerts up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally.
Working Conditions: No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions.
MENTAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved instructions and to deal with problems involving a few variables.
Mathematics Ability: Ability to perform basic math skills and to use decimals to compute ratios and percents, and to draw and interpret graphs.
Language Ability: Ability to use passive vocabulary of 5,000-6,000 words; to read at a slow rate; define unfamiliar words in dictionaries for meaning, spelling, and pronunciation.
Ability to write complex sentences, using proper punctuation, and use adjectives and adverbs.
Ability to communicate in complex sentences, using normal word order with present and past tenses; using a good vocabulary.