Full-Time Client Service Associate
Full Job Description
Be Safe, Be Healthy, Be Independent!
Are you an experienced banking professional looking to take the next step in your career? If so, we need you! During these uncertain and unprecedented times, we recognize that safety and security are a top priority. Independent Bank Corporation is well positioned to care for our employees, our customers, and the communities we serve in the face of adversity, and we are looking for an experienced banker to grow with us.
At Independent Bank, we recognize the importance of career growth, which is why we are proud to offer an exciting and fulfilling Career Path for all of our Retail Branch employees. Whether you’re an experienced banking professional, or excited to begin a lucrative career in banking, our Career Path offers self-directed growth opportunities allowing for the freedom and flexibility to advance at your own pace. This Career Path covers everything from conducting financial transactions, to educating clients on products and services, building client rapport, and even originating client loans. Beginning as a Client Service Associate allows you to learn the basics about Independent Bank’s culture, policies and procedures. From there, you will be equipped with all of the materials necessary to advance through the Career Path, at the rate that suits you, with the potential to earn more as you learn more!
As a Client Service Associate, you are the face of the bank, providing incomparable service to our clients every day, every time. In this position, you are responsible for keeping everything running smoothly behind the scenes, as well as making our clients feel welcomed, engaged, and significant. In this position, you will apply the knowledge, skills and abilities acquired from previous banking and customer service roles to better serve Independent Bank clients and offer appropriate products, services and solutions. This position is similar to the traditional “lead teller” or “personal banker” role with self-guided growth opportunities.
- Assist clients with transaction services and provide solutions in a friendly and efficient manner and with credibility.
- Deliver financial solutions to clients utilizing the Independent Bank products and services.
- Responsible for advanced branch operations tasks such as, but not limited to, client service requests, vault, ATM duties, cash items, debit/credit card disputes, instant issue debit cards and wire transfers.
- Demonstrate Independent Bank digital products and services fluently and possess the ability to assist clients with navigation.
- Identify client referral opportunities to appropriate team members.
- Develop and maintain skills necessary to accurately and proficiently open new accounts and increase client relationships.
- Maintain ongoing communication with clients following internal processes and procedures.
- Ability to have in-depth, proactive financial conversations with clients during all interactions, and follow through on the results of those conversations.
Why You Should Apply:
- Competitive hourly pay and great benefits.
- Accommodating and flexible paid time off.
- A knowledgeable, goal-driven, and exciting team of colleagues.
- Numerous advancement opportunities with structured, personalized career paths and mentoring.
- Exposure to different areas of banking and the ability to work with leaders within the industry.
- Extensive training on all areas and aspects of the banking field to help you reach your highest potential.
- Community-focused events and volunteer opportunities.
What We’re Looking For:
- High school diploma or equivalent education is required.
- Outstanding client service skills.
- Cash handling experience is preferred, but it is not required as we provide ample training.
- The ability to adapt and adjust to new ideas, processes, workflows, and systems.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment while maintaining a commitment to accuracy, timeliness, and client focus.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills. This includes verbal and non-verbal forms of communication, email and phone etiquette, and the ability to work cohesively as part of a team.
- A strong desire to be a part of the Independent Bank family while contributing to our growth and success.
This is an exciting step in a journey to creating a fulfilling and rewarding career at Independent Bank. We are excited to have you join our team!
- High School or better
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)