Cook - Part Time/ Full Time
The role of a line cook is to prepare culinary delights for our guests. Guest satisfaction in our restaurant revolves around the food appearance, high quality of the food, and overall dining experience. The line cook is responsible for the daily preparation of food items in the pantry, prep tables, or other areas of the kitchen. Cooks will take direction from the Taproom Manager or other kitchen manager and prepare, by order, consistent food items. Also, all of Newaygo Brewing Co’s employees will be expected to complete regular training and certification in safe alcohol service, food safety, commercial beer production, offsite beer catering service, and more.
- Set up station according to restaurant guidelines.
- Prepare all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
- Follow recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the restaurant.
- Restock all items as needed throughout the shift.
- Clean and maintain station while practicing exceptional safety, sanitation and organizational skills.
- Has understanding and knowledge of how to properly use and maintain all equipment in the station.
- Assist with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of the kitchen, walkin coolers and all storage areas.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested by the Kitchen Manager at any time.
Experience/Knowledge: Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures. Previous prep or line cook experience preferred. Skills/Aptitudes: Professional communication skills are required. Ability to take direction. Ability to work in a team environment. Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure. Must have problem solving abilities, be selfmotivated and organized. Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge.
License/Qualifications: Food safety training provided by Newaygo Brewing Co. Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays. Must be able to speak, read and understand basic cooking directions.
Other: A ferocious desire to grow with our team and achieve great things in Newaygo and beyond!