Food Service Staff
The primary role of our Food Service Staff is to support the mission of Camp Henry by helping prepare meals from start to finish for our 15-300 guests who come to camp each week. Daily responsibilities include the safe preparation and service of meals, as well as maintaining a clean dining hall and kitchen.
As with any camp position, this role requires your willingness to help out in other areas as needed. Often times, this looks like small housekeeping projects. However, if you have interest or experience in other areas related to camping ministry, outdoor education, or maintenance projects please let us know when you apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow both written and verbal instructions to help additional staff prepare meals for 15-300 campers and guests.
- Uphold health and food safety standards at all times
- Follow proper food preparation, safety, and sanitation procedures related to the meal from start to finish
- Practice proper hygiene, including handwashing and clothing restrictions
- Maintain a clean dining hall and kitchen, which may include:
- Washing, rinsing, and sanitizing all surfaces, dishware, and equipment
- Sweeping, mopping, and taking out the trash
- Restocking the food storage and beverage areas
- Participate in ongoing food service training related to serving guests with allergies
- Provide guests with a positive customer service experience, and work diligently to accommodate all reasonable food requests
- Complete additional duties as assigned
- Abide by the Camp Henry commitment statement and organization policies
- Support the mission and vision of Camp Henry, recognizing the part your role and responsibilities play in it
- Ability to follow both written and verbal directions in completing tasks
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people in a kind, encouraging, and Christ-like way
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
Standard commercial kitchen environment with an average noise level and periodic exposure to high heat, cold temperatures, and cleaning chemicals. Frequent walking, reaching, bending, lifting light objects, and long periods of standing is required, as well as the ability to carry 25 lbs short distances, and utilize fine motor skills. While duties are completed primarily indoors, travel outdoors between spaces is required during all seasons.
Hours/Schedule: Approximately 20 hours per week, April-November.
Pay: $10-$12 per hour, dependent upon experience
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please send an introductory email stating your interest and related experience to email@example.com, or complete the “Hourly Application” found on our website at www.camphenry.org.