Server - Part Time/ Full Time
The purpose of this position is to interact with our guests and ensure they have a great experience when dining in Newaygo Brewing Co’s taproom. Taproom Servers are responsible for positive guest interactions while serving guests in a friendly and efficient manner. At all times, servers are expected to be attentive to our guest needs and make them feel welcome, comfortable, important, and relaxed. Servers are expected to have some basic cooking knowledge and general knowledge of craft beer. Servers will also fill a variety of other restaurant related tasks from time to time including, clearing tables, cleaning, pouring drinks, and assisting other servers and bartenders. Also, all of Newaygo Brewing Co’s employees will be expected to complete regular training and certification in safe alcohol service, food safety, commercial beer production, offsite beer catering service, and more.
- Prepare the tables, lay out napkins and utensils, make sure the condiments are refilled, perform all other preparation tasks.
- Stay updated on current menu choices, specialties and menu deviations, know if the kitchen staff is running out of any items…etc.
- Handle the table bookings, direct customers to their tables, present menus, suggest dishes, assist in drink selection and beer education, informing customers about food preparation details, communicating specific customer needs to the cooks.
- Maintain proper dining experience, deliver items, fulfill customer needs, offer desserts and drinks, removing courses, replenishing utensils, refilling glasses.
- Obtain revenues, issue receipts, accept payments, return the change.
- Perform basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisor.
- Fill in for absent staff as needed.
- Assist with special events as needed.
- Greet all guests and owners warmly with an appropriate greeting.
- Adhere to grooming and appearance standards consistently.
- Understand and communicate products and services available at Newaygo Brewing Co.
- Must have some familiarity with basic cooking skills.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Previous serving experience preferred. Excellent oral communication skills required. Positive interpersonal skills required. Must speak English fluently and be able to write in basic English.
License/Qualifications: Safe Alcohol Service (TIPS) Training will be provided by Newaygo Brewing Co.
Other: A ferocious desire to grow with our team and achieve great things in Newaygo and beyond!