Taproom Manager - Part Time/ Full Time
Newaygo Brewing Co, LLC Assistant Kitchen Manager
Job Description and Responsibilities
The Assistant Kitchen Manager is someone who is passionate about food, both in flavor profile and presentation. They aim to wow the guest every time through quality food. They are problem solvers with a strong work ethic and leadership skills. The Assistant kitchen Manager understands that customer service is a priority but efficient restaurant operations make it possible. They are an experienced leader with a goal to move up in the industry, especially with Newaygo Brewing Co. The Assistant Kitchen manager will work alongside the Taproom manager to oversee the cook and serving staff.
- Identify and delegate responsibilities to staff to ensure objectives are met and excellent service is consistently achieved
- Effectively manage the kitchen and ensure quality guest service
- Implement new company policies and procedures by developing plans and instructing staff
- Consistently review kitchen operations and staff to identify any problems, concerns, and opportunities for improvement
- Provide coaching and feedback to staff and assess performance on an ongoing basis
- Consistently monitor product and labor costs to remain within goals
- Follow the Newaygo Brewing Co policies and procedures, including those for safety/security
- Assist in new menu implementation
- Develop and implement creative solutions to areas of improvement
Experience/ Knowledge: At least two years experience at or above level of Restaurant Assistant Manager. Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
Skills/Aptitudes: Professional communication skills are required. Ability to take direction. Ability to work in a team environment. Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure. Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated and organized. Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge.
License/Qualifications: Food safety training provided by Newaygo Brewing Co. Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays. Must be able to speak, read and understand basic cooking directions.
Other: A ferocious desire to grow with our team and achieve great things in Newaygo and beyond!