Full Job Description
This is a brand new posting for a receptionist / administrative specialist to work at TrueNorth Community Services. The position will require about 30-32 hours per week and we will be reviewing applicants immediately. If you are interested in joining an exciting nonprofit organization that makes a difference, please do not hesitate to apply.
SUMMARY: This position serves as receptionist by answering phone calls, greeting visitors to the Fremont Service Center, and determining the nature of business for visitors to the Fremont Service Center. Handles various Financial Edge purchase order activities and maintains sub-contractor insurance information. The Reception/Administrative Specialist acts as a backup to the Reception & Information Department manager for completion of the daily fund log and provides administrative and clerical support for Administration and Program Directors when appropriate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include (other duties may be assigned);
1. Operates telephone system to handle and transfer incoming phone calls and provide information to callers when appropriate.
2. Greets visitors, secures any required information forms, and arranges contact with appropriate program/staff member.
3. Provides information to general public on TrueNorth programs/services and community services and assists in referrals as appropriate.
4. Supports daily mail activities, including:
· Distribution of incoming mail.
· Processing and delivery of outgoing mail.
· Maintenance of postage account.
5. Enters and prepares purchase orders into Financial Edge including:
· Creation of purchase orders for regular monthly agency expenses (heat, light, phones, etc.)
· Data entry for invoices.
· Receipting of Purchase Orders.
· Corrections and Adjustments.
6. Maintenance of the files for the Vendor Certificates of Insurance/W-9s and Workers’ Compensation Statements.
7. Assists with ordering office supplies stock in the Work Room and completing staff stationary special orders.
8. Serves as backup to the Reception & Information Manager in completing and distributing the daily fund log.
9. Maintenance of the inventory record for HFS Medical Equipment Loan Program.
10. Provides general administrative support for Administration staff.
11. Provides data entry services for Special Projects.
12. Provides clerical support for Program Directors as requested and workload allows (i.e. mailings, large copy runs, etc.)
13. Regular and consistent attendance.
14. Attendance at all staff meetings.
15. Other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.00 - $15.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- One location