One of the HOTTEST events of the Festival! Whether you want to compete or just want to eat, you're bound to have a whole lot of fun!
Rules: (Click here for printable version)
Hot prizes for the best chili!
1. Entry fee of $5.00 per recipe (non-refundable)
2. All entrants must drop off chili at the Grant Fire Department (62 W. Sate Rd, Grant, MI) between 10:00 am & 11:00 am day of contest.
3. Chili must be fully cooked prior to dropping off and remain in a crock pot.
4. Entrants must make a minimum of 8 quarts.
5. Contestant will provide own crock pot and extension cord.
6. Each contestant will receive a number that will serve as identification purposes and score keeping.
7. Judging begins at 11:00 am.
8. Serving of Chili to patrons begins at 12:00 pm for donations.
9. Results of Judges voting is final. Judges to be selected and operate as a panel under the direction of the River Country Chamber of Commerce and the hosting venue.
10. First place wins a Trophy and $50 cash prize as well as having bragging rights as the Harvest Moon Festival Chili Cook Off winner. Second & Third places will receive a trophy. All winners will be acknowledged on our website and social media sites!