Free Vascular Screenings
Spectrum Health Gerber Memorial is offering free vascualr screenings for high-risk patients!
To qualify for a free vascular screening, you must have at least two of the following factors:
- Age 60 or older
- High cholesterol
- History of smoking
- Family history of abdominal aortic anurysm
- Family history of atherosclerosis before age 60
- Ankle-Brachial index test (ABI)-a blood pressure screening in the ankle and the arm used to identify peripheral arterial disease (PAD).
- Carotid artery screening-an ultrasound of the carotid arteries (on each side of the neck) testing blood flow and plaque buildup.
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm screening-an ultrasound of the abdomen to test for bulging or widening of the aorta (a major blood vessel).